Cancellation policy (Our policy regarding cancellations):
1. If cancelled up to 31 days before date of arrival, 10 percent of all nights will be charged.
2. If cancelled up to 11 days before date of arrival, 25 percent of all nights will be charged.
3. If cancelled up to 3 days before date of arrival, 50 percent of all nights will be charged.
4. If cancelled later or in case of no-show, 80 percent of all nights will be charged.
5. Notwithstanding the above, should you cancel a reservation which is booked for/during the high season, being December 1st until March 31st and/or during any other peak holiday or event happening in Cape Town, you shall forfeit the full deposit paid which sum may exceed that referred to in clauses 1-4 above.
6. In the event of a guest’s premature departure, the full extent of the stay as originally booked and confirmed will be charged.
- Check-in time is from 2pm on the day of arrival.
- Check-out time is before 11am on the day of departure.
- Guests are obliged to vacate their room and check-out by the time communicated to them by management. Failure to do so will render you liable for an additional night's charge unless prior and alternative check-out arrangements have been made with De Waterkant Lodge's management.
- Earlier check-in or late departure may be arranged subject to the availability of the room and at a R150 charge.
- Please note that we are a non-smoking establishment, although you are welcome to smoke on our terraces and roof deck.
- Should you wish to confirm your booking via credit card deposit, please fax this form back to us within 3 working days.
Your reservation will be secured by providing us with your credit card details which will be used both to process the 50 % deposit immediately and in the case of a cancellation, where our cancellation policies as above will apply
- The balance of your account will be settled in full upon your arrival at the guest house.
- We require: 1. a signed copy of this document by fax/email. 2. Your estimated time of arrival, as office closes 17h30 weekdays and 16h30 Weekends and Public Holidays
- We will send an email as confirmation of receipt. Visa, Master & AMEX accepted
- Please note that our reservation office closes at 17:30 weekdays, and 16h30 weekends and Public Holidays. Should guests wish to check in after hours, arrangements need be made with management prior to arrival. An after hours surcharge of R150.00 will be charged, which is payable on arrival
Whilst De Waterkant Lodge is of intent to take reasonable measures to keep all personal information about you confidential, it shall however not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, suffered as a result of the disclosure of such information if beyond our control.
De Waterkant Lodge will:
- Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- Take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorized use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
- Upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.